diver.net

My retort to a Max's subjective review

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg M on February 05, 2006 at 00:43:23:

In Reply to: Dive Report, 10 to 10 on the PacStar posted by Max Bottomtime on February 04, 2006 at 23:42:46:

What's up with that report? Were you one a different boat? I got six bugs and had a good time.

Max, maybe you wouldn't be able to dive for two hours on a tank if you only kicked it a bit harder or hit 130 feet once in a while...and than you might see some bugs. I myself got six, and missed four...one being sizable! I saw no less than fifty bugs today.

While catching six is OK, it breaks my two year streak of limits on the Pac Star 10 to 10 trip.

Same boring reefs?? We all dove the same waters, viz was not too hot, and the current was a bit strong on the last dive, but diving is never dull, sitting at home is dull. Isthmus and Eagle Reef offer diving for both begineer to expert, depending on conditions, and both dives can be excellent. It all can't be hidden reef at Santa Barbara or Cortes...

Some guys are just better at catching bugs, even if their bottom time is less than MAX. Bugs or bottom time? Is there even a doubt which is better for a bug hunter????

Some reefs which may be boring to some also produce good sized bugs day or night!! We all can't hit Cortes in a day! But if Dave, Arnold, or Tim decides to get a cigarette boat for day trips to Cortes I'll be the first to sign up.

Max you held up the boat for one hour...maybe you got in late, maybe you didn't, but when you have twenty five people waiting on one guy for one hour it's a bit unproductive. I heard the admonishment, and it wasn't anything more than a request for one guy to respect the time and schedule of the rest of the boat.

We came, some saw, and some even got bugs and had a good time.

The 10 to 10 offers divers a chance to do some night dives without the issues of trying to sleep on a dive boat with some diesel roaring in your ear or sharing two cans with 30 guys for two or three days. For guys with wives we actually love and kids we want to see, it offers a good chance at bugs without missing time with the family, not to mention the 4:30 AM wake up required for your normal trips.

My thanks to all captains of all dive boats who offer the great adventure we can have for such dirt cheap prices in SoCal.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to