diver.net

Where exactly were you parked?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on February 13, 2006 at 11:04:24:

In Reply to: what's up with this? posted by Sea Star on February 13, 2006 at 09:50:36:

I'm not sure if you were on our trip or not. (If you were, please call me ASAP.) I'm relaying this all to Jerry Lewis, who's captain of the Magician. My other concern is that since this is a pre-printed sign (with their website and everything) these look like they're being handed out on a regular basis. I know there have been some problems with the landing management and the dive boats and hopefully this will not now be taken out on the divers.

Where exactly were you parked? There are three lots across the street from 22nd Street Landing. There's the long skinny strip directly across from the Landing. Then there's a small parking lot ot the right of that and a huge parking lot to the right of that.

To the best of my knowledge, the huge lot is an LA City lot that's open to the public. They can't prevent you from parking there. The smaller lot I believe is also an LA City-owned lot. The thin strip should be also LA City but there may be a sign that that syas "Fisherman Only" or something like that. All the parking in the lot directly surrounding the landing is a private lot that can be controlled by the landing managemement.

Let's hope this doesn't become a new problem. It's really a nice landing if they'd just fix a few things and lighten up the attitude a bit.

Ken Kurtis
NAUI Instr. #5936
Co-owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, CA

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full