diver.net

Re: Re: Yes, it's spelled F - A - T F - R - A - N - K

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on February 16, 2006 at 18:57:27:

In Reply to: Re: Yes, it's spelled F - A - T F - R - A - N - K posted by Babblefish on February 16, 2006 at 18:14:55:

I worked in the dive shop (Marina Dive and Sport) for several years and watched the Landing go from bad to worse to nearly dead. Many boat owners complained about the deteriorating docks for years with no repairs made. Most boats finally left. The restaurant had leaky pipes that caused a collapse of a section of ceiling in the dive shop. The landing owners refused to fix the problem, so Mike and Auggie stopped paying rent. They finally sold the shop to Diver's Discount, who left after only one year.
Once a month, the restaurant owner would call a fleet of tow trucks from 6th Street Garage and tow every car that was in the lot more than an hour. They used to laugh while watching the number of towed cars climb. Despite the fact that the dive shop was already there when they bought the restaurant, they constantly complained about the compressor noise. I tried to be polite to them, but when they would come down and complain about the divers unloading their cars and parking in the wrong spots, I would occasionally wait until Sunday Brunch before cranking up the compressor. :)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to