diver.net

Woh.....Light box

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on February 17, 2006 at 19:42:16:

In Reply to: OK Elaine... posted by Eric S on February 17, 2006 at 19:10:48:

Heck yea I want the light box.Totally cool.

You can use any strobe. Play with it. Set the shutter speed at 125, and the aperature at 22 (I get too much blur with s shutter speed of 60). Put the strobe on TTL and see how far you can move it from the subject before you get a full power flash. Once you are at full power - the TTL isn't going to help you - you are giving it "all you got Scotty". So you need to keep the strobe within TTL range. Figure out a good strobe to subject distance in a dark room in your house and keep it. I've also been using a light cannon or a flashlight as an extra light source and it helps me a lot, especially with the slow 25 speed film.

Remeber that the TTL sensor in a Nikonos V body is in the lower center.

Camera meters want to underexpose white things and overexpose dark things. Their goal is 18% gray. You can use the film speed dial for corrections/bracketing. If it is a really white thing you might want to turn the film speed to a lower number than what you are shooting so that you get more exposure. If it is a dark thing you might want to turn the film speed to a higher number so you get less exposure. That doesn't always work so bracket.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to