diver.net

Re: Re: A request of the moderators

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 23, 2006 at 09:21:28:

In Reply to: Re: A request of the moderators posted by Capt.K on March 23, 2006 at 08:53:38:

My proposal isn't designed to put social pressure on anyone. It's designed to seek and alternative way to help raise money, and those that are in a position to help, should do there best to try.

If you consider how many instructors we have in the local area, I honestly don't know, but let's say for purposes of this discussion it's 300. If we get 300 instructors to teach one class of 6 students each, and even if it's the $99 version of the class, that's 300 x 6 = 1,800. 1,800 x $99 = $178,200.

I believe strongly this is an easily attainable number, and it is also a way for instructors to give back to the community in a manner that requires a donation of time, not money. I'd like to see the Chamber put a page on their website listing the classes, I'd like to see Dale Sheckler write an Editorial promoting this idea, I'd like to see local shops embracing this effort, I'd welcome PADI, NAUI, SSI et. al in following GUE's lead and allowing the agency fees to get donated directly to the Chamber. There are so many ways to grow this effort but it will take a willingness on behalf of those that have the ability to get involved and/or embrace this idea.

Later

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.