diver.net

A request of the moderators - variation on the theme

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I_AM on March 24, 2006 at 13:59:55:

In Reply to: Re: Re: A request of the moderators posted by MHK on March 23, 2006 at 09:21:28:

MHK,
maybe a variation to your original idea could be to have a "Chamber Class Day" (pick a day between now and 5/3) during which day all participating Instructors donate the "proportional" income to the chamber .... if an OW class makes you $99 and runs over 5 days ... then you donate $19.8 ..... multiply this for 300x6 (as per your example) and still you get a nice @23,760.

Now, you could promote the same concept to the students - to match the donation made by their instructor .... any class given in that specific "Chamber Class Day" has an "optional" cost of $19.8 (a letter wil be given to the student in which the student will be "encouraged" to donate $19.8 - to match the Instructor donation - directly to the chamber (or the instructor could collect the money from the student and then process the donation himself on behalf of the student).

So, using again your numbers you get an additional @23,760 for a potential total of $47,520!!!!

Maybe not the big number you are shooting for, but certainly much more affordable for instructors / and students

Why don't we just pick a date - like Sat. 4/29 and declare it the "Chamber Class Day" (or something like that ...) and then we could heavily promote it to the instructors / students?

Myself I am planning to take a Search and Rescue class on 4/29 and I am looking for to match my instructor's donation.

AM

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.