diver.net

Re: fin comparison

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on June 12, 2006 at 23:05:34:

In Reply to: fin comparison posted by Robin Wadsworth on June 12, 2006 at 10:29:31:

My foot size is sort of an "in-between" ... much too large for the large size, but a tad small for an extra large. Solved the problem with a heavier bootie (an Oceanic) rather than my old O'Neils. (Guess a pair of cheap Vans and wool socks would work as well....hmmmm, maybe not a bad idea) Have not had any shift problems. Definitely get some good spring straps for them and they'll mold to your feet.

My wife dives with Oceanic heavy rubber split fins - they are heavy, making them good for beach entries and she stays right with me on the dive. I tried them out in the pool (without booties) and they are fairly effortless while delivering good power. As an experiment I did timed laps with both fin styles and the splits actually delivered an extra lap to my surprise.

I'm sticking with my Jets because they are nearly indestructable - something to think about if you're diving around rocks. And they are much shorter than the splits - good for washups. Also like their negative buoyancy.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to