diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Safer????

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 22, 2006 at 13:23:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Safer???? posted by Elaine on June 22, 2006 at 12:36:25:

Elaine,

As near as I can tell you and I have never met, if we ever have I regret that I don't recall it. As near as I can tell you and I have never had one single exchange on any lists, so I must say that I find your temperament curious. I also want to clear up one thing for you, the class that you seem to be implying that I'm trying to promote has already began, it's sold out and it is for diving in the 120' max. range. Meaning it is well beyond the scope of my analysis, so you are absolutely, 100% wrong as it relates to my motives.

As for the last time I dove Osborne, I’m not sure of the relevancy of the question, has it grown since the last time I’ve been there? Below is a link to the Great Escape’s dive site locations, which I believe was put together by Chris Grossman and here is what it has to say about Osborne

"Osborne Bank This is a DEEP dive. Pinnacle area within diver's depth range very small."

http://www.diveboat.com/map_of_great_escape_dive_destinations.shtml

Any suggestion that Osborne is a recreational site is pure obfuscation. It is clearly an advanced site and clearly a site that warrants, if not mandates, decompression tactics. Even if we are to accept you generous categorization of it as a 129’ dive, with plenty to see at that depth, I fail to see how doing a dive that provides for a 5 minute NDL time that far off shore constitutes prudent risk/reward analysis.

As I stated earlier, I’m not here to suggest how anyone else dives, frankly Elaine I have no opinion one way or another as to your diving habits since we’ve never met and I don’t know you. But given that I do care about the local dive community when I see an instance to use local dives to highlight a discussion point, I will do so. Here in the instant case is a perfect opportunity to open a dialogue about the benefits associated with diving Trimix at depth. I’ve highlighted a few points about the benefits in my other posts. I’ve read carefully all of your posts in this thread, but I must have missed the post wherein you described the benefits of diving deep on air, would you mind highlighting them for me as it is not my intention to engage in a flame war. I’m trying to stay on topic and avoid any ancillary sidetracks.

Regards,

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.