diver.net

Osborne: My call and my call only

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on June 22, 2006 at 22:12:01:

Once again I have to quote Popeye here. “This is all I can stands, I can’t stands no more”.
While I appreciate everyone’s in put. I and I alone make the finale call on who dives where. You may not like this or agree with it, but I do have the finale call.
MHK made a few comments about the dive that the Sea Divers did this last weekend at Osborne Banks. I do not disagree with him. Although our dive was in the 125’ range and he was quoting 150’+ diving. I do not think MHK was trying to be hurtful in his comments, only concerned as he does like this club and has been a DM for them in the past.
I greeted most of the divers the night before, and anyone I did not know I talked to Chris about. We both agreed that there were no problems and had many doubles onboard. Most of the divers had mixed gas to hang with and 4 bottles were put over the side for extra safety.
Like I said I personally knew most of the divers that were to go in here, and I have dove this sight myself. I got 4 different locations to dive here. The highest being 114’ from B o b. As I checked this spot out, the surrounding area was all in 200’ +. Ross’s spot was at 138’ and I found a plateau in 125’. I opted for the 125’ spot.
Because of all the controversy Elaine may not post about this trip.
Elaine, that would be a grave mistake. You need not had commentary as you normally do, but please post the pics. You sent the pics to both Chris and me. No other person has ever taken pics of Osborne and shared them with divers on any BBS. Dr. Richard Laub may have a video of the sight, and if he does I will ask him to post it as well.

Captain Tim Burke
Great Escape Charters Inc.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to