diver.net

Because I don't need the aggrivation in my life

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on June 23, 2006 at 12:03:08:

In Reply to: Re: Why are you being this way? posted by Heebie Jeebie on June 23, 2006 at 10:44:16:

My trip reports are what they are. I dive to get away from people and to spend time in a world that I love.

It isn't with holding trip reports. It is re evaluating things and my priorities in life. Posting them creates a lot of stress in ways that I never foresaw, wasn't entirely prepared for, and I've got to decide if I want it in my life or not.

I've had some bizzare situations lately where I've been presented with some expectations from others that I just look at and say "that was really inappropriate". If I'm not exhausted I can look at it with understanding and compassion. There are days that my place of refuge - sitting underwater minding my own business taking photos - starts to look like nothing more than a new set of problems. I also find I'm looking at my life figuring out how rich I could have been if I would have taken up a sensible hobby like stamp collecting.

I'm building an escape route - my website. And, I don't know, maybe sitting in my backyard photographing ants is the route that I'll eventually take. As long as they are outside the house - ants can be interesting critters. If there are people, and I'm sure that there are who will tell me how I have to dress, how I have to act, that solo ant observing isn't safe - if I'm in my backyard it will take them a really long time to find me.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to