diver.net

Re: It has nothing to do with "Tech" diving, wreck diving, mixed gas diving whatever

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Queen Sara on June 23, 2006 at 13:14:01:

In Reply to: It has nothing to do with "Tech" diving, wreck diving, mixed gas diving whatever posted by Elaine on June 23, 2006 at 11:04:28:

You're right Elaine, it has nothing to do with any of those things. It sounds like you are stressed out about something, or a multitude of things, right now and this was just the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.

I love reading your trip reports even though I'm not a diver...merely a snorkeler wannabee freediver who may someday get certified in the future. Frankly, I have a tendency to daydream/lose track of time when I'm interested in something so I'm not sure I'd be the best one to have underwater with a finite tank of air. (If anyone can reassure me on this feel free to chime in). I laughed hysterically at the report posted by the lobster and the "fateful trip" that never happened set to the tune from Gilligan's Island was very clever. Perhaps you should do a short mockumentary on MHK set to the tune from the Adam's Family...he's creepy and he's kooky thinks voodo gas ain't spooky...

And now for a few words of advice: you don't have to try and have the last word. Postings by MHK and, who was that other one, Dave? are like visits from Jehova's Witnesses, Mormons, and Born Again Christians. You will never be able to say anything that will change their minds/beliefs so it's better to just shut the door or pretend you aren't home. Your sanity is worth more than being right. The "other board" has become very quiet...the death knell is sounding....so it stands to reason that "bored" posters will find other venues. Let them, idiots can be very entertaining, and no one believes them anyway. It's like going to group therapy...it makes you feel better because you find out there are people who are more screwed up than you are.

You may refer to me as a "sock puppet" if you wish but, for reasons that have nothing to do with you, I prefer to remain annonymous. Think of me as a kindly, non-inflammatory puppet along the lines of those from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe he had a puppet called Lady Elaine.

Now get your rear end over to the Scuba Show and take some pictures.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to