diver.net

Re: DIR: the missing ingredient!

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 01, 2006 at 21:34:40:

In Reply to: DIR: the missing ingredient! posted by FARMHAND on August 01, 2006 at 15:29:27:

Frank,

I've tried to exercise some patience and understanding on this list, but in all candor it is becoming more and more clear, that no matter what we have to say you guys will find some problem with it.

Trust me Frank, when we dive within our team protocols, I have managed to increase my FUN factor significantly. I used to dive like most others on this list: solo; deep air; decompression without training relying on a computer; with ad hoc gear configurations, et. al. After one too many body recoveries I took a hard look at what I was doing. For me, it was Charlie McGurr's body on the Andrea Doria that did it for me. Other's have their own reason.

But Frank, as I've said way too many times, but you guys convienently ignore, I don't care how you dive. The Chris Grossman's of the world, the Phil Gardener's of thw world, and yes, even the Frank Farmer's of the world we have long since moved on from. You guys can do whatever you want and I don't loose one second of sleep over it.

However, if you choose to post diving protocols to a public forum no one should be surprised if someone, DIR or otherwise, posts an alternative point of view.

BTW, if you check the most recent threads, I seem to be the only one NOT mentioning the letters "DIR"..

Later

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.