diver.net

What are you talking about?????

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 23, 2006 at 21:09:25:

In Reply to: Why aren't you up front? posted by Elaine on August 23, 2006 at 20:27:15:

Is there anyone on this list that doesn't know that I'm a GUE instructor??? I've posted several class announcements on this list to that effect, but let's assume that any logic whatsoever doesn't apply to this list:

I AM A GUE INSTRUCTOR, I currently teach the DIR-F class, the recreational triox class and I am interning to become a GUE Tech 1 instructor. My teaching credentials are posted publicly on www.gue.com for anyone that wants to know them.

As far as making one cent from equipment sales, Elaine you are out of your mind.. I don't sell gear, I don't make one cent from gear sales, and I wouldn't know how to get anyone equipment even if they asked. I routinely send my students to shops such as Pacific Wilderness, Reef Seekers, Hollywood Divers and even Scuba Toys. I receive NOTHING, not one red cent from gear sales.. I have no idea where you dremed up that I'm in the equipment sales business. When I teach in different cities and/or different countries I try to steer my students to the local shops that helped set up the class(es), but short of that I have zero influence over where, or what, my students buy. I go out of my way in my classes and lectures to avoid mentioning specific gear manufacturer's. Before you post reckless innuendo, perhaps you should check the facts, perhaps you should ask ANY of my students, perhaps you should actually attend any of my lectures and/or classes. At the risk of "promoting" anything on this list, I have several local classes scheduled, I have several local lectures scheduled, so feel free to PM me and I'll give you a list and feel free to actually show up and witness first hand what you seem to be so misinformed about. In the past, I have done many DIR demo's that were PUBLICLY acknowledged to be sponsored by Halcyon, but we haven't done one of those in about 4 years, but even then I never received ONE CENT for my efforts.

You seem to be skilled at raising hyperbole, but never answer any direct questions to you. Please explain to me the phenonmenon that I'm missing wherein "older photographers" are advantaged by using ankle weights..

I'm an accountant for a living, I teach the kind of diving I believe in as a hobby, I make not one red cent from scuba sales!!!!! Is that clear enough for you??

FTR, I have had many, many, many students take my class in DiveRite gear, Tobin's gear, OMS gear, and many, many other pieces of equipment. I recommend certain pieces of gear, as I adamantely recommend against certain other pieces of gear. I leave brand names and agency names out of every lecture or class I teach. Ask my students, or is it just easier for you to make this stuff up as you go???

You are showing your desperation with this line of attack..

Later

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.