diver.net

Re: Re: Back to the ankle weights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by beachdiver on September 15, 2006 at 07:22:44:

In Reply to: Re: Back to the ankle weights posted by LeeAnne on September 14, 2006 at 21:40:56:

avoid adding weight anywhere, anytime. Thats my .02. Adjust trim by moving existing weight up or down (tank) As far as who's a better diver - - I think its purely subjective. I always look at how much weight a diver wears relative to their displacement. If I see a mass proportionate guy whos say 6'0 and 180lbs who's wearing a full California outfit (steel tank, full 7mil rubber, hood, boots, gloves)with 12-14 lbs of lead - I figure I could dive with this guy and be pretty sure he's relaxed and a pretty experienced diver. The dive plan has quite a bit to do with lead too. If the profile is 30fsw and less, obviously we wear a bit more weight. (wetsuit compression)

Thats what I look for though, not gear configuration - thats just personal preference. I'd dive with DIR guys - why not? It shows that they're into advanced training and education. Would they dive with me even though I've never had a problem diving in 35 years? - I don't know

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to