diver.net

Re: Back to the ankle weights

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeeAnne on September 14, 2006 at 21:40:56:

In Reply to: Back to the ankle weights posted by Jeff Shaw on September 13, 2006 at 19:48:52:

Y'know, I just thought those of you who frequent this board should hear this.

I'm a newly certified diver, and I've totally fallen in love with this sport, to the point where I'm reading everything I can find, planning at least a couple dives a week, and eager to absorb all the info that I can to understand and improve my skills. I've only been on a few dives since certification, and one of the problems I've experienced is that my fins seem bouyant and I've had a little trouble keeping them down. A couple people suggested ankle weights, while others said it's a bad idea. So I found this board, and saw that there was a thread about ankle weights, and thought, GREAT! I'll get to read some opinions about the pros and cons.

And what did I find? A bunch of kvetching, bickering blowhards arguing and bashing each other. Sheesh! I scrolled down, thinking this might be an abberation...and I saw even more headbutting. Is this what divers are like? Do they just fight all the time about who's the better diver, who's doing it the right way, who's safer or smarter or has bigger balls (or tanks or whatever)?

Anyway, I think I'll avoid this board, as there doesn't seem to be much for me to learn here. You guys carry on with your quibbling. I'm gonna go learn how to dive.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to