diver.net

Re: Some honest answers

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by S. Troy Bagwell on September 21, 2006 at 17:03:26:

In Reply to: Some honest answers posted by Chris on September 21, 2006 at 11:55:12:

Chris,

It seems to me as though you delete peoples post at will, regardless of the BBS rules. Granted I have not been on the boards much these past few years and I don't intend to, but what I have seen you say Michael is guilty of recently, I see many others on the board do the same thing or worse and yet you do not remove their post. Some perhaps, but not those that appear to be part of your "group".

It surely doesn't seem like an open, fair and impartial board to me, but maybe you can explain to me what the specific differences are. I don't think it is really material for the most part, because isn't the board supposed to be about discussing diving and sharing experiences, both good and bad. As well as posting ones opinion be it different or the same as another's? I've been reading and watching off and on now for a little while, and I see that some people have curbed their "flameness", but see that it can still get out of control, and not just by any one person.

I was also curious why you removed my post about the DIR-F class that began Tuesday night that had been opened for anyone to attend. I am video taping the class and is how I knew about the class and why I posted it. Regardless, what rule did I break that necessitated you to remove it. I was sharing information on an open board, but was censored for some reason.

In any event, I enjoy the board when I do read it and I enjoy the variety of dive reports and getting caught up with those divers I know and their recent experiences/exploits.

I may disagree with the way some people choose to dive and the way they purport their way to be the only way of diving, but that is my right. If I choose to, it would also be my right to express my opinion on the board or privately with that person, and in this case I have chosen to.

Troy

(Back in the water again, finally!!!)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to