diver.net

Dive-Rite Duo

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on September 28, 2006 at 00:07:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Algorithm question: why I asked posted by Walt on September 26, 2006 at 22:08:22:

I bought Dive-Rite Dou when it first came out and I like it for the most part. The numbers are easy to read, and it is simple to operate. It has been very good on batteries.
It is more conservative on initial dives than my Oceanic computers, and goes in and out of deco mode cleanly and predictably, unlike the Oceanic which will give you ridiculous amount of deco time after the first dive.
It does two nitrox mixes and allows switching underwater. My biggest gripe is that the maximum PO2 is 1.4 for mix 1 and 1.6 for mix 2. I like to use 1.6 and I must remeber to switch to mix 2 every time I enter the water.
I recently bought an Uwatec Aladdin Tec (now replaced with the Tec2G) which has a very similar algorithm, but a much nicer console. Also the Uwatec Aladdin Tec is a standard “hockey puck” computer/depth gauge size and will work in older consoles. My ideal computer would be a hybrid of the two.
The Tusa IQ-700 is identical to the Dive-Rite Dou.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to