diver.net

Drysuit shoulder dump valve repair

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on December 30, 2006 at 15:47:09:

Hi Guys,

I've had a leak that is progressively getting worse somewhere around my shoulder dump valve for the last dozen or so dives. I don't know if it is leaking through the valve or beneath it. It's a diving concepts valve.

I've flushed it out from the inside a few times but the problem didn't resolve. I figured that I would remove it today and take a look. There's nothing obviously wrong with. Placing my mouth on the inside threads I can easily blow air through it and I can just barely suck some air the other way if I try really hard.

Other than running water through it and/or soaking it, is there anything else to try? Has anyone disassembled the spring loaded diaphram part of one of these?

On the installation - should I just put a little aquaseal around the threads or should I put some on the threads and a little in the groove where the lip makes contact on the bottom of the outer piece? I'm tempted to go heavy on the aquaseal "just in case" but that will make a real bear should I have to remove it again.

Thanks,
Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to