diver.net

Re: Re: Attention Boat Owners

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jesse on February 17, 2007 at 08:06:47:

In Reply to: Re: Attention Boat Owners posted by Max Bottomtime on February 17, 2007 at 07:31:18:

I signed up with them the day they towed me in. The bill would have been in excess of $500 but the responder said he would cut me a break if I agreed to sign up. Of course I agreed. Beach diving is definitely easier on the wallet. I partially offset the cost of diving from my boat by having my buddies pitch in for gas. Although beach diving is great here in Cali, some recurring hassles helped prompt me to buy a boat. Specifically, a lot of the sites were awfully “well trodden” and then there's the hunt for a parking spot. Most of my beach diving was done up in Laguna Beach and the locals aren't terribly fond of the divers (all too often deservedly so), making for a “bad vibe.” The coolest thing about the boat is that I am able to bring my son out with me on my dive trips. Unlike beach diving, he's able to hang out with a non-diver and fish while I'm diving. We fish and snorkel together during intervals. It makes for an awesome time. I'll come back and post the latest episode in my ongoing saga with Progressive.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to