diver.net

Re: What do you think about CRESSI SUB gear?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on February 17, 2007 at 21:57:24:

In Reply to: What do you think about CRESSI SUB gear? posted by Leonard on February 17, 2007 at 06:37:41:

Overall short answer: favorable impressions

I've had 2 pair of Cressi-frog fins that have held up very well (though I'm now diving with the more negative ScubaPro JetFins which are better for beach entries). The Cressi fins provide a lot of propulsion which, for my leg power, I like.

My wife had a pair of a newer design of Cressi fins (forget the 'model' name, but it was the follow-on to the frogs... something named like 'super frog') and they cracked (design defect that has since been corrected) SportChalet took them back, so unless you're sure of a fin you should buy at a local shop - you won't save all that much over buying internet and you have the advantage of comparing various brands and models. Some shops will let you try them on in a pool which is the best way to find a style you like. Just don't be a jerk and try at a local shop, then buy on-line.

Cressi has a nice assortment of masks - the 'Big Eyes' has a good range of view which my wife really likes. She has 2 pair, primary and a back-up. Myself, I prefer the lower volume masks.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to