diver.net

Re: Well, you could use a second one

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on May 01, 2007 at 23:49:38:

In Reply to: Well, you could use a second one posted by Roger on May 01, 2007 at 21:53:22:

A second one? The strobe already costs more than the camera & housing combined :-) With the boat and my varied interests, I'm trying to keep the photo costs down.

I went from wide angle to macro from shot to shot. I finally pulled the WA lens off for the Chromodoris pic. Everything else had the WA lens attached. I don't have one of those AD lens holders yet so I have to stick the lens in my pocket. I won't have pockets next week so I'll have to figure something out.

I haven't fooled around with manual mode on the stobe yet. Pretty much the only time I've ever fooled with manual mode is when I'm looking for an effect that the auto mode screws up like showing bright beams of light shining down into a lava tube or I'm doing time exposure stuff topside. I've read your email a few times regarding manual mode and plan to fool with it after the vacation. I can't afford to screw up too many shots on the trip so it'll probably be mostly auto w/ S-TTL.

The strobe has a LOT of different modes and features! Thankfully, it works just like the internal strobe for S-TTL. I have no idea how the EV control works in S-TTL mode, though. From what I understand, it's just looking at the internal strobe and quenching when the internal strobe quenches. How can I dial it down if it's staying on as long as the camera's computer is telling the internal strobe to stay on?

There will be lots of other trips. I need more dive buddies now that I've lost Elaine :-) Seriously, keep an eye on her. She's not to be left unsupervised until she's acting right again. I've NEVER seen her skip a dive or not take any pictures on a boating trip. One more episode like Saturday and I'm calling for an intervention!

Cheers,
Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to