diver.net

The Hell with the "Evil Empire"

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on July 05, 2007 at 19:26:28:

You know I have been told a lot of things that I can not say. Well all of you know that isn’t going to happen. But you have to read between the lines a little bit.
A few weeks ago I had a meeting on my boat with Chris “what’s his nuts”, from Sport Chalet, about the boat and how we could improve on this relationship. His only answer was that I was to reduce my price and let 8 personal go for free, every trip. Well it does not take a brain surgeon to figure out this will not work. Not to mention, that all the other shops that charter with me just got butt slapped.
The “Bottom Scratcher, Great Escape, and Cee Ray” all agreed to “stand tall” and stand together on this issue. Other boats never entered in. The “Bottom Scratcher and Great Escape” were the only boats canceled by the “Evil Empire”, without any renegotiations.
Years ago I had the sad opportunity to see the “Evil Empire” destroy the “Atlantis”. The person in charge then is still around and he runs a very successful dive shop. He warned me about the” Evil Empire” and I turned the other cheek. I believe at this time he was ahead of his time and absolutely correct.
Unfortunately, all of the dive boat could have stood against the “Evil Empire” and stopped them. It did not happen……………..
Kevlar is on…….. Take you’re best shot…………………
And just for the record I can produce prove of everything I have said.

Captain Tim Burke
Great Escape Charters Inc

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to