diver.net

Net clearing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on July 15, 2007 at 21:03:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: More Wreck & Roll posted by Max Bottomtime on July 15, 2007 at 18:10:22:

Hi Eric,

It's interesting that you mention clearing the net. I've already planned the net removal from the Georgia Straights (wreck you dove) and the Fog Wreck. Merry and I were discussing it today. Some of the nets have steel cable or chain strung through part of the bottom. It's too time consuming to cut all of the net away from the steel cable so I've come up with a different plan. We're going to dive nitrox to give us plenty of time to work and we'll take a bunch of 18" sections of stainless steel safety wire down with us. We'll clear as much of the free floating net from structure as we can. We'll take the sections of net that has cable through the bottom and roll it up on itself and tie it in place with the SS wire. I figure it can't do nearly as much harm all rolled up and tied down. It should be a fun dive.

I'm about to be stuck in SF all week. I was originally hoping to extend the trip through the weekend and check out the North Coast. It didn't work out this time due to boat maintenance and other work travel issues, but I hope to make the trip sometime later this summer or fall.

Cheers,
Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to