diver.net

my photos from the dive...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by scottfiji on July 23, 2007 at 16:26:13:

good dive at vets last night, 90 minutes long...good vis, but very challeging photo conditions due to small shrimp, krill, silt and fine particles in the water...spend 1/2 the dive in one small area between 35 & 40ft... 2 big midshipman, 2 lizardfish, 6-7 baby giant kelpfish, thornback rays, black dorids, hermissendas, 2 young fringeheads, brown shrimp, lots of skeleton shrimp...lots of octos..lots of cusk eels.. a smaller halibut...big yellow kelp isopod..big lobster...many pipefish.. almost impossible to focus in many areas though due to the tiny shrimp!!!! everyone was willing to feed off our lights though...

lee, good diving with you as always

enjoy the photos, Scott

Larger Thornback ray.

Larger Plainfin midshipman. When spotted, they quickly bury themselves into the silt by "shimmying" into the sand, its pretty fun to watch

Lizardfish, with a large set of teeth. I felt lucky to photograph this one, because they usually bolt.

Juvenile queenfish, Seriphus politus. First time seeing this one! There was an entire school of these guys hanging out, at 40ft, probably eating the krill. They are less than 2 inches long.

Juvenile Bay Goby, hiding in the kelp, 37ft. This guy looked really beautiful with his iridescent blue colors... he was very small, about 2 inches long.

Tiny Krill. There were millions of these guys out mucking up the vis for my photographs and causing my camera not to focus. this one I captured in my photo by accident.

juvenile Giant kelpfish

Skeleton shrimp (not really a shrimp, but a caprellid amphipod.) This is my first time seeing the white ones.

"Clear Shrimp". this guy was about an inch long, and very clear. 38ft depth. My 1st time seeing this guy, I think.

Another juvenile Giant Kelpfish, one of many we saw last night

small Hermissenda crassicornis

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to