diver.net

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by c2cDiver on August 03, 2007 at 22:14:57:

In Reply to: Christmas Tree Cove 8/2/07 posted by Lee on August 02, 2007 at 21:57:24:

Congratulations for diving one of my old and dear favorite spots. My log tells me that my last dive there was in the mid 80's. I was in a much younger and fit body back then. The trail was always a ‘pleasant stroll'. The diving was hard to beat. A few years ago, I was on a sail boat. Flat calm day, we made a quick loop through the cove. A thought hit me, and I told the captain, I just remembered there being a very shallow reef in the center. The words barely escaped as we hit the reef.

Your post was really struck a cord, due to the fact I finally dove it again, last Saturday. From a boat. I was with two OLD dive buddies, we were reminiscing how we use to be able to make two and sometimes three PV dives in a day. Not bragging, as I stated, I was in a different body back then.

If you were able to tackle this site. I have a challenge for you...The Three Arched House. This is what we use to call it. Paseo Del Mar and Chiswick Ave. About 6 houses south (towards PV point) is the house, it should be obvious. Across the street is another goat trail. The trail is still there. I saw it last Saturday, from the boat. I remember the trail being easier then Christmas Tree. It must have been, I logged more dives there. Quite a few being night dives. At the end of the trail there is a large flat slippery rock you can gingerly walk past the surf zone.

What no reports from diving Cardiac Hill. That was the easy PV dive. Okay, now I'm bragging.

Walter

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.