diver.net

Catalina bug numbers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Greer on September 04, 2007 at 13:12:27:

Has anyone recently dived CAT lately, and care to comment on the BUG numbers?

I'm a native Southern Californian (born in Torrance, raised in Whittier) that now resides in Salt Lake City, UT. I've been an active waterman my whole life, growing-up surfing and spearfishing off North County - San Diego. Now days I get out once a year to Southern California for the lobster opener. My last trip to Catalina was October 2002, so it's been a while. This year I'll be out to the island for the bug opener and wanted to know what it's looking like for bug numbers. Residing out of state, I don't make even a dent in the bug population -- so don't worry, I won't clean out anyone's favorite spot. I'm just interested IF anyone has dived 4th of July Cove, Cherry Cove, or Eagle Reef on the front-side or Little Harbor and/or Fred Rock on the back-side this Summer? If so, perhaps you could Email and let me know what it looked like for bug numbers, as I'm trying to map-out my opener wknd?

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Greer
Salt Lake City, UT
mlgreer@msn.com

P.S. I'd also appreciate any info on Parson's Landing, Starlight Beach, Pirates' Cove/Long Point and/or Torqua Springs. THX. - MG

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to