diver.net

Nope, Partington

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clinton Bauder on October 26, 2007 at 11:40:16:

In Reply to: No, Chuck posted by Walt on October 26, 2007 at 11:28:10:

Been there a number of times by boat and looked at it from shore too. Partington is in Julia Pfeiffer Burns SP and is a long walk down a steep trail where, yes, a wagon would be a really useful tool. Especially if it had brakes. You can enter by jumping off of a cliff if you go left through the tunnel or from the rocky beach in the cove to the right. Diving is nice but perhaps not so amazing that it would be worth the effort.

I would only consider diving there on a flat day with a wetsuit and no camera. Getting back on shore looks really brutal.

The only other place down there I've thought of doing a shore dive is at Limekiln SP. That looks plenty doable from a flat day. The only time I've tried it though there was a long period SW swell and my buddy John and I decided that doing a monastery crawl on a cobble beach wasn't what we had in mind so we bailed.

Anyway as far as I'm concerned boat diving is the way to go for Big Sur. You can get to better dives and it's WAY less work. During the summer and early fall the Cypress Sea does trips down there.

Clinton

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.