diver.net

Re: Photography Card

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on March 26, 2008 at 22:54:02:

In Reply to: Photography Card posted by Walt on March 26, 2008 at 22:18:30:

All they have to do is go to an LAUPS meeting to get that kind of information.....:)

Honestly, I think that collecting information is a terrific thing, I hope that this system works. Everybody will be doing little trip reports.......You have no idea how much each one cost me.

As for government. I'm not sure it matters who is running things. The system seems buried in tradition, history, obligations, budget concerns, state income deficits, etc. There may be some good people in the government - it is just real hard to spot them due to the burden of the governmental machinery, red tape, tradition, and somebody somewhere spending too much money, etc.

Unforrtunately, as divers we are the little guy. California doesn't depend on its oceans for income generators such as tourism - we have Disney, Knotts, Sea World, Universal Studios. (Many third world countries take care of their underwater property because they do depend on it to attract tourist dollars).

I think I'm becoming hugely grateful for the federal mandates - at least some of them - because they seem to be the most effective kicks the state gets toward environmental progress and protection relative to the ocean.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to