diver.net

Re: Jeffy, you must be very stupid.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff on April 07, 2008 at 11:07:52:

In Reply to: Jeffy, you must be very stupid. posted by jeff sock puppet #1 on April 06, 2008 at 21:17:21:

I have been on the Great Escape 5 times in my three years of diving. Here are my 5 trips.

1. Catalina in 2005. We were late leave Long Beach and did not get to Catalina until 12pm. Tim and someone else was fixing something down below. I do not remember what it was, but I do remember some divers say that we are going very slow. We got in two dives and came home. When asked about a partial refund, we were told that the boat still had to use diesel to get to Catalina. No refund.

2. Santa Barbara try number 1. We get to the Great Escape the night before and told we were not going to SBI. We would leave for Catalina in the morning. Reason.. weather. The Pacific Star was able to get to Santa Barbara the night without any problems. And, you would think I would get $20 back since we went to Catalina instead of SBI, right? Nope.

3. Santa Barbara try number 2. So, we left for SBI at 1am. Where did we end up at? Catalina. Why? Too choppy. Tim said other boats at Santa Barbara were turning back. We asked what other boats and he refused to say. We asked because it did not seem legit. When I got home that night and looked up the other boats schedules, no one went to SBI.

4. San Clemente. Okay.. Good trip. With Ken Kurtis's group. Better than the SOB's from SC.

5. Santa Barbara try number 3. Now, I knew we were not going to to make it because the weather sucked that week. So, we left for Catalina at 8am. We get to the break water and he turns around. He did not announce it or anything. The divemaster from the group had to find out what was going on. He came down and said we are not going to make it today.

Also on the great escape, the is mold through out the bunks. On the Trip to San Clemente, I slept in the galley. The food really sucks. Dried out hamburgers, running eggs, soggy bacon.

Needless to say, I am done with them.

My two favorite boats.. The Pacific Star and the Lois Ann in San Diego. What makes the Lois Ann great? The crew. The boat is small, but the crew more than makes up for it!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to