diver.net

Re: Re: Socallers coming north to ab dive.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on April 12, 2008 at 09:55:33:

In Reply to: Re: Socallers coming north to ab dive. posted by Chuck Tribolet on April 11, 2008 at 23:41:24:

I read something about that on spearboard.
The guy should fight the tag filling out charge but he probably won't win the trespassing charge.

What I mean't about AS SOON as you get out of the water to a safe spot was about 10 feet from the breaking waves. If there's a cliff I have to climb to keep from getting blasted then I won't dive that spot.

This is all just more ways for DFG and law enforcement to find ways to extort money out of us citizens to make up for their budget shortfalls and to finance their department.
They know 99% of the sportsmen will do anything to obey the law. The whole point of the three a day limit and and 24 a year seems to obeyed at least by everyone I know, and isn't that the whole point, to preserve the resource? But it seems that's not good enough. Now they have to nit pick about if you filled out the tags 5 feet from the water or 50 feet from the water. What's the difference, you still only took 3 abs that are legal size and you tagged them.
It's pretty sad when an agency can't exist unless they can rely on fines to stay solvent.

Bottom line, it's all about the money.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.