diver.net

Re: We don't need no stinkin' Regulations ....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on June 16, 2008 at 18:44:27:

In Reply to: We don't need no stinkin' Regulations .... posted by seahunt on June 15, 2008 at 19:42:15:

Hey, that's the Little River Inn in the background. Lavish place, really nice rooms. Some with fire places.
Hey Mike, remeber those days we used to go out on my boat out of Van Damme? Those were some fun times.

When you're up at sea ranch, take the kids down to Pebble Beach. It's a great entry and the rocks gradually descend and as I remember there are plenty of abs in 5 to 10 feet.
And don't worry about the kids getting cold. Once they get in and start having fun they forget all about it. It's the old farts like us that get cold not them. I'd get them to snorkel around for a bit first and let them gradually get acclimated to the environment, then one will pop up and scream "I saw an ab, right over here!" Then you tell them "Well, go get it!". Make sure you have them measure it first. You guys will have a blast.

And yes, they will need cards and tags. Make sure you have them put their cards and tags in a dry box or double zip lock bag and remember, you must have all your paperwork with you in the water in your tube or board and as soon as you get out of the water you have to fill in the cards and tags and attach the tags to the abalone with a zip tie through one of the holes. Don't forget to pack a handfull fo zip ties!
Don't wait till you get up to the bluff or back to the car or house to fill out the card and tags, do it on the beach. Make sure you pull the tags in the right number order and don't tear a tag off the card until you are ready to attach it to an ab. You may want to help them with this so it doesn't get screwed up. The last thing you need is a stupid ticket for a minor infraction.

Let me know when you're coming up.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.