diver.net

Re: Support your local dive shop???

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by samediveshoppatron on August 28, 2008 at 23:02:03:

In Reply to: Support your local dive shop??? posted by Eric S on August 28, 2008 at 20:36:24:

It is hard to get good service around here. I called the same dive shop, that same day, to get a vis on 2 steel tanks. and the guy on the phone sure was not to thrilled about doing a vis. hemmin and hawing on that to. well. I guess, maybe I can. its not to busy. maybe kinda. then I asked if he had a long lp hose. and it was the same kind of story. what's the deal with that guy at ( ) dive shop anyhoo.. I have spent 1000s there. and this is what we get... hum.. I even bought the tanks there and never got a vis sticker when I bought them. (so I went to the other LDS)

let me back up a minute. I bought 2 steel hp 100 from the same guy. and told him I wanted PST tanks. said he couldn't get them. but he had 1 worthington. so I took it. and ordered another. when I went in to pick up my tank a few weeks later. there was PST tanks on the floor... I was hot!!!! what service.... just getting the sell..

If I owned that shop and my retail guy said what this guy said. I would be looking for another employee.. how about sure I can. and what can I get you. can you leave it. this same guy has a attitude most of the time as well.. I think I'm with you.. finish my air card and move on.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to