diver.net

Re: What's the BAD part

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on November 21, 2008 at 08:16:31:

In Reply to: What's the BAD part posted by Divebum Don on November 21, 2008 at 07:32:37:

What DOES concern me is that the consumptive recreational divers seem a little eager to placate the nonconsumptive recreational divers into believing that consumptive representatives will truly represent the nonconsumptive recreational diver groups. When this belief is challanged there are responses from consumptives such as "hey, don't worry about it - the consumptives in the group are great people and they absolutely have the interestes of the nonconsumptives at heart." Or, "Marine Life Protected Areas work and consumptives are all for them".

I am very happy that consumptives are in favor of Marine Life Protected Areas. That does not mean that non consumptives are represented! It also does not mean that non consumptives necessarily see eye to eye with consumptives. The message that does come across is that consumptives might be a little manipulative and very happy that non consumptives aren't actually represented.

That is why I would like the representative for non consumptives clearly identified.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to