diver.net

What's the BAD part

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on November 21, 2008 at 07:32:37:

In Reply to: To be more direct posted by Elaine on November 20, 2008 at 19:57:23:

Humans deciding to leave nature and animals alone and let it do it's thing for a change, great idea! People not hooking, gaffing, trawling or harming, great idea! Areas where animals can grow to a more mature reproductive state, great idea. Areas where we can monitor or observe only, great idea! Animals free to do THEIR thing, as long as they stay in OUR MPA's, aren't WE kind?

Diving and filming in MPA's rocks. Wrigley preserve is an excellent example. What is so disturbing to some people about closing off some areas? Is the ocean that small? What is the bottomline fear?? Please explain exactly.

Terry Maas has a blog and blow by blow reports for the Consumptive Freedivers, I'll dig up the link. They worry because they're fishers, their working toward spearfishing for pelagics in whatever the new "zones" are because they know pelagics don't benefit from preserves much, I'd agree.

What concerns do you have?? Do you think you'll drive to the beach and it will be gone. And the classist remarks about fishers I found bordering on disturbing. Fishermen and women work as hard as you or I, and I dive cheap! Please don't lump me in with the work hard, play hard, no time for civics group, that's BS! We all decide where we spend our time, every minute of it. Remember when you were nervous about the interview for that 12 hour shifts job, you picked it.

Gone diving before PV is closed ;~) Sea ya out there.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to