diver.net

Mel's been picking on the big bugs again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on January 14, 2009 at 21:55:30:

Mike....I finally found one! Yesterday I caught one of my previously released Big Bugs. He had the "M" marked on his back. I found him in the exact hole where he was originally found. His broken antennas were healed over well. He was one of two Big Bugs caught together in the same hole the first time. He weighed 10.2 lbs and his buddy weighed 10.7 lbs. This time he was alone in the hole , except for a couple of little ones. After the photos he was released. Here are the pictures.........

Then.......As if that wasn't enough to make a perfect day diving, I caught another Big Bug ......This one weighed in at 11.5 lbs. Both bugs required the "tank-less slide" technique into tight spaces...but that is what makes the difference so often between a picture and a story ( about the Big one sitting deep in a hole).
Here are the pictures of that one on board, marked and then released.

Both bugs got roughed up a little but they will grow back new antennas and legs and continue their long and happy lives. I may even visit them again from time to time.....Let's do it again soon...Your friend, Mel

• A Time To Dive - The Raider
  • seahunt Diving For The Fun Of It

• Follow Ups:

Name:
    E-Mail:
    Subject:
    Optional Link Title:
    Optional Image URL:
    Post Background Color: White     Black
    Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
    You must type in the
    scrambled text key to