diver.net

Credit given, where credit is due. Thank you, thank you very much....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on March 25, 2009 at 20:31:24:

Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Credit has to be giving where credit is due.
On Sunday, March 22nd I went out for a Sunday Brunch. I returned to the Great Escape at about 1pm and the wind was blowing, but not too bad.
Koders (aka Kodi) and I were just kicking backing back watching “Boston Legal” when a huge gust of wind hit the boat. Seconds later I heard a large snap. Then all hell broke loose. I looked up at the pilings that hold us to the dock and they were quickly moving away. The finger that holds my boat had broken away from the main dock.
I grabbed my wallet, my keys, my phone, and my dog. We both ran down the dock as it was breaking up. I yelled at Kodi to come, and to my relief he did. Both of us jumped over the end of the dock as it was breaking up. The sound was incredible. The splintering dock was incredible.
We both ran until we hit safe ground, well after the “Liberty”. I stopped there and turned to see what was going on. The GE was on the move. The small boat behind me was virtually un scathed. The “Bottom Scrather” got hit a little, but the “See Ray” bore the brunt of the damage. The GE ran full on to the “See Ray”. The GE incredibly only sustained minor damage.
That is what happened, and now the thanks. Of course as all on this is happening, calls are being made. I don’t know how the word got out, but before I even had the first lines out to try and secure the boat, calls were coming in to help out.
I will have to write another story about this, after the legal aspects of this have been resolved, but as I said at the start. Credit has to be giving where credit is due.
Thank you, Captain Tom Binkley.
Thank you, Captain Jerry Lewis.
Thank you, Captain Mike Lancaster.
Thank you Captain Kim Lancaster.
Thank you, Captain Arnold Lancaster.
Thank you, Admiral Kay Lancaster.
Thank you, Captain Gary Jackson.
All of these people came to help me. I hope that you notice the relationship.
Once again my hat is off the each and every one of these people.

Captain Tim Burke
Owner/operator Great Escape Charters Inc.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to