diver.net

Chamber Day Disappointment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rob on May 08, 2009 at 11:43:41:

I was a diver on one of the cancelled boats but I am way more disappointed by the dive communities response to the canellations than I am in not being able to participate on Chamber Day. It is so easy for us as divers, when we know the outcome, to judge the boat captains decision to cancel. The responsibility of the safety of the passengers and the liability rests on the Captains shoulders not on the divers. It is not the only time this year that some boats have cancelled and others have taken their chance on the weather .... without being publically second guessed .. why should our safety standards be different on Chamber Day. Every time we as divers step onto a dive boat we place our lives in the Captains hands and need to trust and respect the decisions they make even if we do not always agree. I hope the lack of dive community support these Captains have recieved in making the difficult decision to cancel will not effect their decision making in the future and they will continue to lean on the side of caution.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to