diver.net

Re: Not to target any one group of people...

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on June 06, 2009 at 02:12:44:

In Reply to: Not to target any one group of people... posted by Eric S on June 05, 2009 at 10:46:46:

It's cultural. Law is more an aspect of the West. Not positive, but I think it may go with the religious history.
We in the West are a bit spoiled for it, but another aspect is adulterants. We get surprised by the melinin found in baby
formulas or the toxic ash being in the drywall, but really
that kind of thing is common in the world, particularly the East.
What to do about it? Write a book describing a morality that can be common to all peoples and that somehow is appealing enough
to be widely accepted. I recommend you base that morality on reason and understanding, rather than any religious or cultural
artifact or you will never get it used. Your challenge will be to convince the conservative people that reason fits into their
existing morality. I think it could be done if you make sure that the moral system you develop addresses people's most basic
instincts and values, whatever they are. You will have to somehow address and appeal to both the head and heart.
Careful of your sanity if you want to try or you may find yourself writing bizarre posts on the internet late at night.
I myself like imaginative draconian punishments for repeat offenders.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to