diver.net

Arena Marina

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on June 23, 2009 at 09:14:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does anyone remember Susan Golding? posted by Chris Knight on June 22, 2009 at 22:08:32:

I wonder how many people reading these posts think that Point Arena is some massive SD- or SF-like port? For the record, there's about five or so 26 foot or so Radon-types drydocked on shore mainly for the short dungeness season and I've only seen one working urchin dive boat regularly at the pier. Was surprised there was a boat doing kelp harvesting - this by the way is not a Kelpco type harvestor, but by hand.

Speaking of kelp harvesting - that will also be banned by this MPLA. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Closures don't discriminate.

There's not even a port (now) - its a semi-protected cove with a pier that hauls boats in and out. Wonder if there are designs on building a real port? That would kill the fabulous surfing in the cove. Just part of the overall conspiracy theory, Chris. But to the right of the cove you can find oil sands.

Read in the Coastal Observer last night that 82% of the locals favored an alternative plan. So much for hearing the will of the people. But Sacra-mentalists listen to the voices in their heads anyway.

Coastal Access is supposed to be free and open, but if you go to Sea Ranch you have to pay a permit parking fee plus walk a half mile or so to the beach trail. They really don't want outsiders there. Or a 4th of July fireworks display in near-by Gualala.

I'll place my bet on the giant killers who kept Point Arena nuclear-free from PG&E.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to