diver.net

Re: So what got you into diving?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by halibug on February 12, 2010 at 09:48:15:

In Reply to: So what got you into diving? posted by JohnC on February 11, 2010 at 12:11:49:

Being born and raised here in So Cal., I was around water my whole life, building the foundation to function freely in the ocean. Many years of local boogie and body surfing and fishing finally led us to Victoria Beach in Laguna. First as a surf spot, then one day we brought a mask, and I could finally see the great schools of fish I could only imagine when I was fishing. From that point on, I put away the boogie board and became a freediving spearfisherman around the year 1982 at 17 years old. Then in 84 I got certified with the buddies I still dive with today, and diving, fishing and being a waterman have defined our lives ever since. Then in 87 we made our first night dives at Victoria beach and were amazed at all the lobster freely walking around the bottom, we were hooked. Since then, 90% of our dives have been beach dives at night. I have always enjoyed the night diving experience, the smell of the ocean at night, the reef colors in a strong light beam, and bugs. We shoot for a night dive each week, and now in 2010, I am close to logging my 1000 th Scuba dive. It is true when people say, friends made while diving are friends for life. and this great sport keeps us going and will for many more years.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to