diver.net

Homeland Security???

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul on July 13, 2010 at 11:18:27:

So I drove down from Santa Barbara to San Pedro the night before a scheduled trip to dive on the Magician. It was, I thought, fully arranged that I'd sleep aboard as I'd sent an e-mail to the boat informing them of my plans, and because my instructor and his other students were also planning on spending the night aboard. I arrived at about 9:30pm and met one of the deck hands at the dock. He rudely informed me that I would not be permitted to stay aboard and that I would not be permitted to stow my gear. His reason was that homeland security changed the rules a few weeks ago. He had absolutely no suggestions as to any other options for where to stay other than to sleep in my car - which is clearly not permitted according to the numerous signs in the parking lot. His un-apologetic and un-helpful demeanour was not a positive first impression of this business. So Dive Boat, perhaps you should change your web site to reflect that there will be no sleeping on board anymore and maybe explain to your crew what customer service is, and perhaps you will get fewer disgruntled customers.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to