diver.net

Little vis. Little surge. Lotsa life!.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on November 13, 2010 at 17:20:34:

We finally got to dive with Frank Lukowski and Charlie Bartleson today after first reading their dive reports two years ago. It was well worth the wait. We dropped into dirty water at White Point Rock and it did not clear much until we made it to the sand. Next to the anchor was a sand rose anemone, Urticina columbiana. Merry took several shots of it. I was having issues with my camera today. I learned when I got home that I forgot to turn on the internal flash. D-oh!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Due to the poor visibility, I remained in the same area throughout the dive. Fortunately, the small reef is so loaded with life that even with flash problems I still managed to get a few decent shots. Merry got this Cadlina limbaughorum in a bed of anemones.

Photobucket

My humble efforts;

Acanthodoris hudsoni on a file clam

Diaulula sandiegensis

Peltodoris nobilis

Triopha catalinae

Flabellina trilineata

One of the subjecta I was unable to capture very well was a three and one half foot lingcod. I found it in one of the small caves in the first five minutes of the dive. I finally got Merry, Frank and Charlie together to come and look. The lingcod dwarfs a lobster in the same hole.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to