diver.net

Re: Re: Sad news - RIP Tom Wetzel

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nikki~ SMITH WESSON on June 14, 2018 at 16:34:14:

In Reply to: Re: Sad news - RIP Tom Wetzel posted by Walt on February 08, 2018 at 09:57:19:

Omg, I am crying at this news. I was just going to refer my former/friend boss to Tom and saw this post. I am in shock.

I am so saddened by this. Tom was truly a unique diamond in therough. Oh goodness,I can't believe that he is gone. I was hoping to catch up with him this summer and take a refresher.

Oh my goodness, he and I had our little mini battles; however, there was always love. I'm in Ann Arbor, MI right now--I feel so far away from LA. I'm just rambling. I'm sitting here in utter shock. He was an amazing instructor. Tougher and stricter than most, and this was because he wanted us to be safe when he wasn't diving with us. I remember in Catalina, the current becames so strong and Tom towed myself and another guy in--at the same time!!! We were desperately holding onto a buoy line. That was 11 years ago...wow, where does the time go. Tom affectionately called me Smith & Wesson (I am top-heavy--big guns, so he nicknamed my breasts) Only Tom could be so inappropriate, politically incorrect, and lovable at the same time. He was a gentleman when necessary. I pray that he is soaring and that whatever ghosts that he was wrestling with no longer haunt him.
Wetzel, Beach Master, I do think of you, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come. Funny, how I can distinctly remember January 13 of this year....must've been the connection. Uggggh. My heart is heavy with this news. He was a good guy--often misunderstood. Rest in Peace Wetzel. I love you. ~Nicolette

p.s. Walt, I believe that I met you and your wife at the Y too. If you are reading this, I hope that you are well.

Peace and blessings to everyone reading this. Safe dives!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to