diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CDIP wave models redesign

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jess R on April 02, 2019 at 16:22:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: CDIP wave models redesign posted by Max Bottomtime on March 16, 2019 at 16:02:59:

Just an FYI, I am a volunteer with the L.A. County Underwater Unit (the same group that does UICC, 3Rs, ADP) and we rely on the NOAA CDIP websites for our training and public education programs. We noticed the CDIP changes in January and we have been in contact with the CDIP scientists at Scripps to ask them if they could provide more useable elements in the new site that we divers liked from the old site. As a result, they are keeping some of the older links embedded for a while longer while they continue to make enhancements. We went down to the CDIP lab at Scripps in March to visit with the scientists and share more wish list items. Impressive group of guys and they had no idea how much the dive community utilized the old site and they were very receptive to listening and getting our input. On another note, NOAA has the wind elements for the Santa Barbara channel for real time buoy/land station and also for forecasts. The County has a booth at the scuba show and if you come by, I will show you several places to get the wind forecast and real time reads from NOAA. We are also doing a seminar on Saturday and we are going to cover the new CDIP website and how to get the old information on the new site as well as future enhancements in the works. If you can't make the seminar, come by the County Booth afterwards and I can show you some of the key items we covered in the seminar. We are also going to cover the key NOAA charts as well and changes.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to