Civil criticism

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CB on March 24, 2005 at 20:58:54:

In Reply to: Re: Seahunt... posted by Chris Knight on March 24, 2005 at 19:49:12:

Civil criticism has never been edited.

Mean spirited slander is not a means to communicate in this forum, regardless of the side one takes.

If Doug, or the likes of Doug, has an opposing point to make he should try civility or try another venue.

I disagree with your assessment of the benefit of his dissention. I have not been impressed with his efforts to contribute in a constructive manner. His message is short and his diatribe is long.

I agree with the majority that he needs a greater level of supervision/edits, at least until the beatings take effect.

I have been here long enough to see folks like BMF and others come and go and the inconsequential effects the lack of their presence has had. I would not support allowing them to promote a hostile environment just to express their views.

The freediver list is a good example of dissenting opinions maintained in a harmonious forum.

I do not agree that we need to lower our standards to accommodate a free and open discussion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]