Re: Seahunt...

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on March 24, 2005 at 21:08:17:

In Reply to: Re: Seahunt... posted by Dwill on March 24, 2005 at 20:43:01:

I see your point, but I don't agree.
>Another point. By publicly admitting that you want to censor the board down to only what you
>feel like allowing to be left up you completely devalue the board and Chris's efforts to run it.
That was never said. I said I wanted to delete all the spoilers. It wasn't about "only what you feel like allowing to be left". It's about just removing all the posts that are just negitive. They are easy to spot. It is an easy judgement call.
The post was left because believe it or not, we try to follow the FAQ. He didn't violate that and you fail to mention that many people gave clear warnings that his post was dangerous. I trust people to figure that out.
I see your point. Do you see my point. You have so much to offer. I forgot you are a dive shop owner. I've been in your shop. You are a DIR technical diver. You've seen things that few ever see. My point is that you make mostly negitive posts. I ask you to answer. Have you ever posted anything pleasant, maybe a trip report or the unique view you get as a dive shop owner? Sure, it's a judgement call, but I think the bbs is about having a good time, not just negitive vibes.
Do you realize that the board is again under active (if currently mild) attack? Do you notice all the new sockpuppets? I have no idea where it is going, but I sure don't want a repeat of the ugliness that happened last time.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]