Re: Dive report; When Animals Attack!!!

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Morris on June 26, 2005 at 20:42:47:

In Reply to: Dive report; When Animals Attack!!! posted by Max Bottomtime on June 26, 2005 at 12:03:12:

Phil,

Sorry to hear about your sea lion encounter. We were up on the cliff as you were getting in the water this morning (Those twin 120's are hard to miss), and we saw a sea lion swimming quickly on a reach from the point to the cobble beach just a few yards offshore. Maybe he is sweet on you.

Thanks again for yor efforts on the platform. We talked last Sunday about the float being more like 200 yards offshore, and my buddies were dubious about making the surface swim again. We were all very greatful to hear you had rigged the underwater line. Great work! On the way back I followed the line to "oblivion" hoping to find the pier pilings. I think the additional line is a good way to mark off the platform for anybody that couldn't find the kelp line and chanced finding it on a compass heading (155) from the beach.

BTW we had 20-25' vis out at the platform and 10-15' until we got in close, then it was 2-3' in spots. It was COLD!!!! I got berated for reporting 47F (calculating the known error from my two temp gauges). The consensus was 50 but we all agreed it was the coldest dive we've ever had at Marineland. We saw a Mantis shrimp last week, just past the platform but he and his hole were gone today.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]