Re: I'm back....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on March 31, 2000 at 13:32:17:

In Reply to: Re: I'm back.... posted by MHK on March 31, 2000 at 12:23:15:

You are gauranteed certain * rights * under the Constitution but beyond those * rights * all else is a privledged granted by the Govt. We may not like the way it sounds but those are the facts..
Say what? Ya gotta re-take civics 101.
The Constitution says what the government can and cannot do. Mostly what it cannot do. Free speach shall not be infringed. Religious freedom shall not be infringed. The right to own guns shall not be infringed. etc. etc. All else is left to the people. That is called Freedom. When you tell people what they can do as opposed to what they cannot do, that is called Totaliarism.
We had the right to drive and then it was regulated. We had the right to hunt and then it was regulated. It can only be regulated if the Constitution allows for it (except for some zingers from the Supreme Court). (And realize hunting was a hot issue to the people at the time of the writing of the Constitution, because of the ownership of all hunting land in Europe by the kings. They clearly gave nothing to the American government that they didn't think absolutely necessary. It belongs to the people!)
Aside from that, what you say about the rigs and the laws is completely true. I hope it works, they are beautiful diving.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]