Re: Buddy Diving - Is three a crowd ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on July 06, 2000 at 17:05:14:

In Reply to: Re: Buddy Diving - Is three a crowd ? posted by kelphead on July 06, 2000 at 14:24:45:

KELPHEAD! Calm down abit. I was not attacking you. I was giving my opinion just as you where. I realize that this is not a technical bulliton board. There is a lot that the recreational community can learn from the technical community.
These things are not about promoting you to dive beyond your limits. They are things to help keep you safe doing what you are already doing. Trust me on this. I've been diving 23 years. I became an intructor and the age of 22. This was is 1984. It took me years to realize that the concepts I had been teaching for years where pure bullshit and the so called experts and training agencies are hidiously misleading people in this sport.
My reference to tactical diving was in refernce to watching each other move through the water like a tactical team watches one another. You can learn techniques like this, become familiar with them and enjoy sight seeing underwater as you always have except now you are safer and a much more reliable buddy to dive with.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]