Re: Several lessons to learn

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JC on August 20, 2000 at 16:40:39:

In Reply to: Several lessons to learn posted by Jusfer aka Eins on August 19, 2000 at 08:42:18:

Thank you Jusfer for all of your comments.

And I had no idea about those 3 R workshops. Those are definitely something I need to take. I figure I'll take the ones comming up, even if I don't plan on doing those beaches anytime soon, just so I have some more guided experience. And I would guess that a lot of the info can be applied to other beaches.

It seems that there have been some varying thoughts on what the best course of action is under these circumstances. To drop the weight, fill up the bc, and float or to go under and scuba at the bottom, getting as close to the shore as you can. Scuba'ing probably would have been my best bet if I wasn't so panicked and hyperventilating that I didn't seem to be getting enough air from the reg.

This expereince has not scared me off of diving. I very much want to keep enjoying the sport and learn and get more experience, but it has defintely given me new respect for the ocean and opened my eyes to how little I actually know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]